11.19.2009

Writers Workshop: Why, Hamlet?!?! Why??



Describe the most destructive thing your pet has done.


Well if you read my blog you know that I briefly had a dog named Hamlet. He was found by a co-worker and we volunteered to take him. At first, he was the most wonderful dog ever!!

Then... He would chew something here or tear up something there... Pretty much things that I thought were overlook-able.

Well one Sunday after church, I went home to take him out to potty and he went to the bathroom and seemed to want to leave with me but I did not take him.
About 2 hours later, Candace went to the house for a minute and came back and told me that Hamlet had destroyed the living room.

When I went home I could not believe my eyes!! My mini blinds were on the floor. Mind you I have one large picture window in the living room encased by two regular sized windows. This means that there are four sets of mini blinds. They were torn up, chewed up.. just totally annihilated. Along with the mini blinds, the lace curtains were ruined. Huge holes in them!! The curtain rod was in the floor, half way knocked off of the holder. I'm guessing he jumped onto the couch then onto the end table and took a flying leap into the window and it just escalated from there.

Needless to say Hamlet is no longer with our family. He now has a new one.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I would have sent him to a new home too after that.
    thanks for coming by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for choosing my prompt! I have never had a dog mess with my mini blinds but I had a cat who did!!!

    ReplyDelete